Social Impact Consultant
About Think Impact
Think impact is a specialist social impact and sustainability consultancy supporting organisations to contribute to a more prosperous and sustainable world. We help organisations understand, communicate and transform the impact of their work.
Our goal is to transition organisations towards a “new prosperity” that supports and enhances:
- thriving environments where our climate and ecosystems are safer and healthier
- resilient communities where our societies have reduced vulnerability and enhanced wellbeing
- inclusive enterprises where our economy provides equitable access to opportunity for the benefit of all.
We are looking for a talented, passionate and energetic consultant to join our small, but growing team.
You’ll work in a project-based environment, contributing to all aspects of proposal and project development and delivery. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills as a team member and project manager.
You will join one of the most experienced social impact teams in Australia, working with ambitious clients seeking to address social and environmental challenges.
On a day-to-day basis, your position includes the following roles:
- Research and analysis: literature reviews, stakeholder engagement, survey design and data collection, data entry, data analysis and interpretation of results.
- Communication: producing a range of written communications for clients including proposals and tender responses, reports, summary reports, PowerPoint presentations, data dashboards, email correspondence, reports agendas and minutes. This involves writing as well the ability to analyse and present data. Capabilities in data visualisation will be highly regarded.
- Project management: contributing to client and team meetings, timeline and budget management, template and process development. You will be given the opportunity to develop your project management skills by managing increasingly complex projects with guidance and support.
- Business development: contributing to proposal writing and developing your business development skills through representing Think Impact at events and forums and assisting other team members.
- Proactive self-management: Ability and willingness to step in and provide support for other tasks as necessary.
Who we’re looking for
You are passionate about making the world a better place, and willing to put in the effort required to make genuine, lasting, systemic change. You are comfortable with the uncertainty and exploration that is inherent in pushing the boundaries of current thinking and approaches.
You ideally have 2-7 years of professional experience in a related field that you bring to the role. Other skills and qualities you bring to the role include:
- Tertiary degree and/or post-graduate qualification.
- Proficiency using MS Office software (i.e. Excel, Word and PowerPoint) as a minimum.
- Spreadsheet and data visualisation wizardry will be highly valued.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, ambiguous and dynamic environment.
- Able to take initiative and respond with “how” rather than give reasons “why not”.
- Approachable and collaborative.
- A commitment to teaching, learning and innovation.
The terms of appointment
This is ideally a permanent full-time appointment but we do encourage workplace flexibility and support part-time work.
We are ideally seeking someone who is able to commence as soon as possible. We anticipate further recruitment in 2019 so we also welcome expressions of interest with the possibility of commencement during 2019.
Your position is located in Melbourne.
Salary will be agreed based on skills and experience.
How to apply
Please send your application including a CV with a brief cover letter/email to Rebecca Cain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no closing date and the role will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
If you have questions or wish to discuss the role, please contact Rebecca on 0403 229 515.